Tuesday 2 August 2011

Summer holiday stuff ..

   Well as you can probably see our little family tends mostly to be away during the school holidays. It is a combination of our mad hobby and the fact my nearest and dearest is a primary headmaster. we have so far spent one weekend here in Moon Mansions since the end of May. That was this weekend, and basically we did very little apart from washing and ironing and packing for this weekend coming. There seems to be a trend developing here....
   Last week and weekend started with the two hour drive to Manchester to see Hubby's parents, they really are very sweet and they have a predilection to feed ... I don't think I have ever been offered that amount and quite such an array of food in such a short space of time ever before! We arrived to food, were fed later in the evening got up to food ... then food and guess what more food ....  I would say that they are bad for my figure but unfortunately I do not have a figure to worry about at the moment! Well if it is a figure it is rubenesque  to say the least , I seem to have lost all hint of a hip bone and stomach muscles? well I am sure I had some at some point.
   We packed ourselves up and left from there for a few days in the Lakes, in a tent with Ruben, which to some may sound daunting but actually even tho he is only 18 weeks he has slept under canvas eight times previous to this time. I have to say we are becoming more efficient with it all each time we do it, and I do believe that one day I will manage to remember everything. The list of forgotten items this year on seperate events is as follows;
1. I forgot ketchup (sin of sins how does one eat a bacon butty without it)
2. I forgot the bacon (slightly harder that time to have a bacon butty as you can imagine)
3. I forgot the 'blower' for the airbed ( Hubby did not find this funny but enjoyed the headrush from blowing the damn thing up!)
4. I forgot 'extra' baby wipes (resulting in much muttering and a trip to the shop very late after pitching tent)
5. I forgot bread (cardinal sin around here as we both seem to live mostly on bread based products hence in some ways the lack of figure on my part)
6. I forgot pillows ( this annoyed me most of all as i love pillows and my neck hurt for a week afterwards!)
7. This probably was the worst of all and it almost caused raised voices; I forgot the 'big gas light'. Now to those not in the know, the 'big gas light' is one of hubby's favourite toy's, it is so he says ' the ONLY light that he can use to see ANYTHING at ANY point whilst in a field. I must add here we did have six candle lanterns and an infinite number of candles BUT ... no 'big gas light'.
8. The eighth and final forgotten item forgotten on said few days in the lakes was the cooler box. If you saw the size of the cooler box you would indeed wonder how i managed to forget it. But generally we go shopping for holiday things and then i put it in the box before we leave, with the pit stop and stay at the 'In Laws' and the lack of shopping trip it was easy!
   Well thats my excuse anyway and I am sticking to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment